Juliet turns 5 months today. We took these photos on Sunday after her baptism. It was a busy weekend! I love her pretty dress, a gift from her aunt Chris (and godmother). Juliet is such a funny girl. Every time the camera comes out she just stares, not smiling, just looking kinda goofy. But still so damn cute. I love her silly expressions!
Juliet’s 5th month brought a few milestones:
- She learned to grab her toys and made the connection between her hands, objects and her mouth.
- She started sucking her thumb.
- She learned how to fuss. I’m not sure this is really considered a milestone but with this month came a different kind of cry….a cry that can be turned on and off in a second and be replaced with a smile as fast as can be.
- More rolling over, about 4 times total. And guess how many times momma has witnessed this? None! Grandma and daddy are the only ones that have seen her rollover.
- Talking. Ok, she doesn’t really talk. But she will squeal, laugh and make sounds for minutes as if she’s holding a conversation with you. Love this.
- She has developed major curiosity. She can barely breastfeed for longer than a minute or two before unlatching and looking from side to side, worried that she may have missed something.
Juliet has been sleeping in her crib, in her nursery for almost a month. Erik really pushed for us to transition her from co-sleeping/bedsharing and though I wasn’t really ready yet, in the end it has been for the better. She sleeps great in her crib and we all get more sleep as a result. Juliet’s bedtime is around 7:30-8ish and she sleeps until around 3-4am for her one feeding during the night. I feed her in bed with me and sometimes she sleeps with me until it’s time to get up. That way, I still get plenty of snuggle time with her but the majority of the night she is sleeping in her crib. She is pretty good sleeper and I know how lucky we are.