This giveaway is closed – the winner is Kelly who said “My favorite coffee ritual is Saturday morning coffee with my husband (we both work M-F). It’s become tradition to make a pot of “Derek & Kelly” coffee which includes honey and vanilla flavored creamer”. Kelly, send me your address to eatdrinkpretty at gmail dot com and I will have the product pack sent to you. Congrats!
I’ve always been a huge coffee lover. As long as I can remember. My tastes have become more sophisticated over time (I think I stopped drinking cappuccino from gas stations in my early 20’s) and my love of coffee gets stronger over time. Maybe it directly correlates to getting older and having more responsibility (kiddos!) and becoming more and more sleep deprived.
But regardless, I love coffee. The hand warming mug, earthy smell as it brews and that first sip…oh it’s so good.
When I got pregnant (both times) I gave up caffeine for most of my pregnancies. Those were sad days (just the lack of caffeine, not the rest). I missed my caffeine boost like crazy but still continued having my coffee in the form of decaf because I love the taste so much. And that ritual of having my morning cup of joe…well, it’s pretty sacred. Going back to full caffeinated coffee (in my third trimester) was a serious cause of celebration. And now as a new momma to my 7 week old Rosie…one of the first things I do in the morning (after a diaper change and feeding the baby) is making my cup of coffee. I savor that cup so much. So imagine my happiness when Lavazza invited me to become a member of their Passionistas network for the year. What an amazing partnership! I get free coffee (that is delicious by the way), get to talk about coffee and connect with other coffee lovers like myself (one blogger in particular is a new momma like myself). Here’s a little history about Lavazza:
At the heart of Lavazza’s story is a single family’s passion for coffee. Beginning with Luigi Lavazza in 1895, four generations of the Lavazza family have devoted themselves to continuous improvement, innovation, and sharing of authentically Italian coffee experiences.
Luigi was the first to blend different types of coffees for distinctive taste and flavor consistency. Over 119 years later, Lavazza has perfected the art of coffee blending in order to offer a wide range of products suited to match every personal taste.
The #1 selling coffee in Italy, a global brand, and a recognized leader in Italian espresso – Lavazza is still family owned and operated, remaining as dedicated as ever to bringing people around the world the authentic Italian coffee experience.
As soon as I received my welcome kit (I’m giving one away as well!! Be sure to enter at the end of this post.) from Lavazza, I knew I needed to have a friend over for breakfast and to share a cup of coffee with. A quiche recipe began forming in my mind and we got a date on the calendar.
On the menu:
Bacon, mushroom, spinach and potato quiche
Cinnamon coffee cake muffins
I invited my good friend Libby as we’ve been talking about getting together and she’s been wanting to see Rosie. She helped me out and held my sweet girl while I got to work on breakfast. Baby smiles
My sleepy little Rosie-girl.
In addition to coffee, a must-have on any breakfast menu of mine is always quiche. I am a huge fan of quiche. I love making it. I love eating it. I always order it when I’m out at restaurants. It’s easy, savory, filling and delicious. I kept this one crust less to save a few calories. Which were sort of negated when I added hashbrowns. By the time the quiche was ready Libby and I had great conversation over our coffee, catching up on everything since we had seen each other last. This quiche was good. Crazy good. Just look at it. Lavazza makes it easy to shop their products from drip coffee, espresso, K-Cups and equipment. If you spend $50 or more shipping is free.
Now for the good stuff…Lavazza is giving away the following product pack to one lucky coffee lover (:
– 4 bags of Lavazza coffee
– 8 K-Cups
– A French Press (in an ideal world this is how I would brew my coffee every day)
– A Lavazza mug
– A Lavazza tote
– $20 gift certificate to shop Lavazza
The giveaway is open to US residents only and I will run from February 27 – March 5, 2015. The winner will be chosen at random and announced on March 6, 2015. To enter please leave a comment on this post with one of the following:
– Your favorite coffee drink or flavor
– How coffee is a part of your day
– Your favorite way to enjoy coffee (i.e. by yourself in your kitchen in the morning, with a friend over brunch, in a travel mug on your way to work, etc).
– Your favorite food to pair with your coffee
- 5 eggs
- 2 small shallots, diced
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 package (about 9 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup hashbrowns
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a pie/quiche baking dish with cooking spray
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and arrange the bacon closely together, but not touching. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until bacon is crisp. Remove and put on a paper towel lined plate.
- Reduce the oven to 375 degrees
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and sauté the shallots over medium heat until soft, for about 1. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat and drain extra liquid.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- To the quiche dish add the mushroom mixture, , add the hash browns, top with the bacon crumbles and then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes until set.
Disclosure: this post is sponsored by Lavazza. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the products and brands on Eat Drink Pretty! 36 comments