Ever since I found out my hubby and I are having a baby girl, I have been dreaming of her nursery. I am such a girly-girl, thanks to my mom, who decorated my room growing up with pink heart wallpaper and a ruffly, pink canopy bed (I seriously need to find a photo of my room to show you!). And so it’s no surprise that my lil’ babe will have a room full of frills and lots of pink. I picture a calm, soft room and I imagine rocking her in a comfy chair close to the window as I watch the Minnesota winter turn into spring.
As far as any “theme” I love the shabby chic look with a hint of vintage. Oh, my poor husband…
Here is the inspiration board I put together with some of the elements I am loving for the nursery:
- Crib – Jenny Lind style, found on Chic Cheap Nursery thanks to Jessica of Live the Fancy Life. This crib is super affordable and is carried at Target, Giggle, Walmart, Babies R Us, etc. I found it for the best price ($150) and shipping at Walmart (of all places, right??!!)
- Changing table – Jenny Lind style, coordinates with the crib and found at all the same stores as above
- Oh How I Love Thee print - Etsy, frame unknown
- Rose petal wall hooks – Anthropologie
- Mirror (a different one than is shown) – already purchased at Marshalls for $40
- Shabby Chic dresser – purchased used from my friend for $150, but can be found at Target
- Chandelier – purchased years ago at Home Depot for $89 (the same one I always hang from the white tent for events!)
- Flower hardware – Anthropologie
- Pink stripe glider chair – Target
- Rose fabric (for bedding and curtains) – Baby Bedding (I don’t plan on getting a bumper)
- Baskets for storage – found through my sister-in-law Nikki (who just had a beautiful baby girl, Chloe) of Lovely Scribbles, can be found at Walmart
Erik and my budget for the nursery is $1,500 and I think I’ll easily stay within that. I just can’t get too carried away. So what do you think? Do you have any recommendations for the best places to find nursery decor or any ideas of items that I haven’t thought of??