My sweet girl is 8 months today! Her little Vikings jersey is for her daddy, a HUGE Vikes fan. Otherwise I would have liked to put her in a cute dress, but…we gotta show some love for daddy, right?!
Here are her latest milestones:
- Juliet got her first cold! Boo. It happened during her third week of daycare. Everyone told me to just wait and see, that she would be getting sick soon after starting daycare. Erik had been going around and bragging that “his girlie never gets sick”. Well…she did get a little sick, but it wasn’t too bad. Lasted about 7 days and she never seemed to notice.
- She stopped sleeping through the night. Another boo. I’ve heard of sleep regression and I guess this must be it. I think it started as a growth spurt and then became a habit and now she’s been getting up about twice a night. I am a tired momma but have hope that it’s just a phase. Erik has brought up letting her cry-it-out in an attempt to get her to stop waking up, but I’m not sure I’m up for that. In the meantime I’ll be rocking and feeding her.
- Juliet has been going strong on solids and she has been eating table foods, cut up really small. She knows how to chew (although she doesn’t have teeth yet) and loves strawberries, peas, black beans and chicken. She also still gets plenty of purees. I am continuing to make most of her food.
- Juliet isn’t too mobile yet, but she rolls around quite a bit and every once in a while does a backwards scoot. She can “crawl” when we let her push her feet off our hands. I’m not in any hurry for her to be actually crawling and she’ll do it when she’s ready.
- Juliet has learned how to scream. And loudly. So loud that she scares her cousin Chloe. I think she learned to scream at daycare. There are lots of other little kids around and I assume it gets pretty loud there. Maybe she screams to make sure everyone knows she’s the boss.
- Juliet had her first couple of days without her momma. I went on a girl’s trip up north to Lutsen for two nights and while I was a nervous wreck prior to leaving, the trip was awesome and Juliet did amazing with her daddy. It was great all around. I did miss her like crazy though.
- This milestone is for me. I finally started feeling better being back at work. I realized that I really wouldn’t be happy being a full-time stay-at-home-mom…that just wouldn’t be for me. I enjoy working and while overtime is a drag, I like what I do and am glad that my job is somewhat flexible. I can leave the office everyday right at 5pm so I get my evening time with my honey girl, and when things are really busy, I work from home after she goes to sleep. Don’t get me wrong, some extra time at home with Juliet would be a dream (like a part-time gig), but it’s not in the cards right now.