It seriously seems like we were just cleaning up after Juliet’s one year birthday party and whoosh…another month has gone by. My sweet girl is 13 whopping months old now and the time just seems to be going faster and faster. I try to combat this by cherishing each quiet nursing session, our fun playtime after I get home from work, every time she rests her head on my shoulder when she’s tired and all the moments in between.
Here are her latest milestones:
- She started saying no…or more specifically “neh”. She knows what it means and she uses it in the right context. When she doesn’t want to drink out of her straw cup anymore she will push it away and say “neh”.
- Juliet started doing “soooo big” and putting her hands up in the air right after her first birthday (or maybe it was on her birthday). My mom has been trying to teach Juliet this for a while and her other Grandma also taught this to her when she was visiting over Juliet’s birthday. Something seemed to click and now she does it all the time. She gets lots of praise from mama and dada and looks so pleased with herself.
- She plays patty cake, claps her hands along with the song and when we say “toss it in the pan” she throws her hands up in the air. Grandma Karen taught her that over Juliet’s birthday weekend.
- Juliet is getting stronger and has better balance now while walking with support. I still think it could be another month or two before she’s walking but I really have no idea. There is no rush, she will do this in her own time and when she’s ready.
- Juliet transitioned to whole milk at daycare in her bottles. We did half breastmilk and half whole milk until last week when I used the last bag of my frozen milk stash. I took a photo of that last bag (yes, I seriously did). My frozen stash was very important to me and that last bag was a symbol of a lot of hard work of pumping, pumping and more pumping. Fortunately, the transition to whole milk was a non-issue. Juliet loves it and for that I am very happy.