With the holidays fast approaching I wanted to dedicate a post to these awesome green bean casserole quiche bites. I made them for the family holiday appetizer party I hosted a couple weeks ago and they were a big hit.
They have all the flavor of the favorite holiday casserole but in mini form. I love the texture of the creamy filling topped with the crunchy fried onions. And by using store-bought pie crust this is a really easy appetizer to whip together.
They are pretty, delicious (I’m partial to mini quiche, I just love them) and can be served at room temperature. These are a new favorite appetizer of mine for serving around the holidays.
Here are some other great holiday appetizers:
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Large Eggs
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
16 ounces Extra Fine Green Beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used frozen and thawed before adding)
1 package Pie Crust
1 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soup, cream, eggs, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and nutmeg. Add green beans, stir until combined.
- Take pie crust out of package, roll with rolling pin to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out mini pie crusts using a 3-inch round cutter. Repeat and re-roll pie crust to maximize dough.
- Lightly press each mini pie crust into a muffin pan. Fill each pie crust with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Bake 10 minutes, remove from oven and top with onions. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.