On Saturday morning I wanted a donut in a I MUST have a donut right now, kind of way. A chocolate donut to be specific. But I was feeling lazy and hadn’t showered and didn’t want to get in the car and go buy some. So I hung out on Pinterest for a while and found this amazing recipe for chocolate donuts. It looked easy enough and I had all the ingredients on-hand. I figured if I hurried I could have a delicious, homemade chocolate donut in about 20 minutes.
I was right.
I decided to swap out my donut pan for mini muffins instead. I followed the recipe really closely, but passed on the glaze mainly because I was lazy. Dipping the tops of the muffins in sugar seemed much easier. And honestly, these muffins were so tasty and sweet they didn’t even need a glaze or a sugar dip.
This will undoubtedly be my go-to chocolate donut (and muffin) recipe from now on.
Printmini chocolate donut muffinsAuthor: buns in my oven Ingredients
- For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, ½ cup sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donut muffins cool.
- Optional, dunk the donuts in ¼ cup sugar for a sweet topping.